- Your child’s bus number, pick up time and drop off time will be available in the near future on your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account.
- Each child has to ride their assigned bus to and from school. Changing buses for playdates will not be permitted, and we cannot honor a note that has your child ride a different bus home.
- Due to the need for social distancing, our arrival and dismissal is staggered.
For Drop Off and Pick Up Only:
- Parent should have their child’s name and teacher visible (in the front windshield) so the staff members can help direct students.
- Drop off and Pick Up is Curbside. Please do not get out of your car for the safety of all.
- If you plan on driving your child to and from school every day, we will need a permanent note from you. We will be sending you another email with a form for you to complete online. Please complete this form only if you are picking your child up from school. This information will help us further plan for this transition.
Curbside-Drop off Schedule:
9:20 am – 9:30 am: Kindergarten with siblings in the circle by the gym
- 9:20 am – 9:30 am: Grade 1 with siblings. Drive past the front of the school and into the side parking lot.
- 9:30 am – 9:40 am: Grade 2 and 4 with siblings in the circle by the gym
- 9:30 am – 9:40 am: Grade 3 and Grade 5 Front of the school with siblings
- Please do not arrive prior to 9:20 am as our buses will be unloading students.
Curbside Pick Up Schedule:
- 3:10 pm – 3:20 pm Kindergarten with siblings in the circle by the gym
- 3:10 pm – 3:20 pm Grade 1 with siblings. Drive past the front of the school and into the side parking lot.
- 3:20 pm – 3:30 pm Grade 2 and Grade 4 with siblings in the circle by the gym
- 3:20 pm– 3:30 pm Grade 3 with siblings and Grade 5 front of the school
As we implement these new safety procedures, we will assess and, if needed, make changes. We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time.
General Health and Safety Reminders
- Health Screener: You will need to complete a Health Screener each morning prior to your child arriving to school. This screener, which asks you to take and record your child’s temperature, will be emailed the evening before each school day.
- Masks: Please be sure your child wears a mask to school each day. Please talk to your child about the importance of wearing a mask and find opportunities to practice putting on and off prior to the start of school. Also, please pack your child with an extra mask each day in a Ziploc bag. Your child may store his or her mask in the Ziploc during mask breaks. If your child needs an extra mask while in school, we will provide it to him/her.
- Social Distancing: Desks and tables have been arranged to adhere to the 6ft. of separation guideline. We will also be teaching students how to properly social distance, especially during transitions and during outside time.
- Handwashing/Hand Sanitizing: We are fortunate that most of our classrooms have sinks in them. Typical times for student to wash their hands include arrival, before lunch, after lunch, during transitions, and after movement breaks.
- Lunch: Families may pre-order a school lunch for $2.75 for both in-person and distance learning days. For students in school, cold/bagged lunches will be delivered directly to your child’s classroom. You may choose to sign up for MyPayments Plus to manage your child’s lunch account. Information about MyPaymentsPlus can be found on our school’s website under “Quick Links.” More information about how to pre-order and pick-up lunch for your child on remote days will be emailed in the near future.
- Movement: Students will have daily opportunities to go outside, weather permitting, during the school day. We will teach students how to engage in appropriate play outside in their fixed, small cohorts in a designated area with supervision. Due to no contact, this will be different from our typical “recess” period.
- Fixed Cohorts: Special Area teachers will be traveling to the students’ classrooms to minimize traveling in hallways and around the building.
- No Visitors: Only students and staff are permitted in the building at this time. We realize this is disappointing, but all guidance from various agencies recommends we implement this safety measure.
- School & Family Conversations: We will be talking to your child about all of our safety measures and we ask that you do the same. Your comforting and supportive words will only help your child better understand and follow these guidelines.
Thank you to the PTO for organizing curbside school supply pick-up. If you did not sign up for the school supply order in June, you may find the school supplies needed for each grade on our school website under Quick Links.
As a reminder, each student will receive an iPad and distribution is taking place at John Jay Middle School beginning on September 1. Designated days and times are listed on an August 27 letter sent via Connect Ed from the Middle School Principal, Jeff Swiatowicz. Please check your email to see what day/time you will be picking up your device. If you know you will not be able to collect your child’s device on the dates and times listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for distribution.